The tour of the Aeolian Islands will certainly let us discover the beauty of the seven sisters of the Mediterranean: history, volcanology, archaeology and wonderful views. An unforgettable trip!
Although they belong to the same archipelago and they are all of volcanic origin, each of these islands has its own personality, its own character. Even the colours is what distinguishes them.
The Aeolian Islands provide an outstanding record of volcanic island-building and destruction, and ongoing volcanic phenomena. Studied since at least the 18th century, the islands have provided the science of vulcanology with examples of two types of eruption (Vulcanian and Strombolian) and thus have featured prominently in the education of geologists for more than 200 years. The site continues to enrich the field of vulcanology. UNESCO 1999
Discover the seven sisters of the Mediterranean Sea
The Aeolian Islands are the emerged part of submarine volcanoes. Eruptions, earthquakes and the action of atmospheric agents have shaped them therefore today they show themselves with all their overwhelming beauty. Let’s discover them together thanks to a tour that combines nature and culture.
- Lipari: the largest and most populated of these islands. It is characterized by the white of the pumice stone and the black of the obsidian stone;
- Vulcano: the active but dormant volcano . Here dominates the yellow of the sulfur and the beautiful black sandy beaches;
- Salina: the highest of the Aeolian Islands. It is called the green island because its flanks are covered by lush woods;
- Panarea: the smallest, however, the most chic and exclusive. The white of its houses stands out against the golden colour of its rocks;
- Stromboli: the volcano in a permanent activity since more than 2000 years. During the day, the black of the sand of its beaches stands out, at night, the red of its volcanic explosions lights up the sea;
- Filicudi: definitely the favorite destination of the most passionate divers. Its blue sea offers unforgettable dives;
- Alicudi: the outermost and wildest. The dark green of caper bushes are all around us while we get up on the countless flight of steps.
The tour of the Aeolian Islands: a never-ending wonder
Travellers often come to the Aeolian Islands just to enjoy sea and sunshine. So they are impressed when they discover their importance from an archaeological and, above all, a volcanological point of view.
Now, book your tour and discover with me the wonders of the Aeolian archipelago! A licensed tour guide of Sicily, is always better!